Monday, March 24, 2014

The Pile-Up Since Snow Days

School is insanely busy, so I haven't posted anything since our last bunch of snow days.  However, when there was something that I wanted to share, I saved a picture; Now I have to add captions to them all!
I thought this was just too funny!  Sophie did not enjoy having to go back outside on those below freezing days.

My new favorite drink:  Lipton Tea & Honey, Green Tea, Mango Pineapple.  The only place I have found it so far is at Target, so I need to keep looking!

This is the college leader in my Sunday School class, Jenna, and my friend Bella brought homemade by her mother red velvet and cream cheese cupcakes for her birthday back on February 16th.  She is such an inspiration, and it's been a blessing having her in our class to teach us so much.

How cute of a daily Peanuts this was:  Love is patient, love is kind.  1 Corinthians 13:4

This was from my last night skiing at Cataloochee for the year.  This time last year (today is March 14th), Dad and I were having a blast at heaven on earth, Colorado!
Although Dad nor I would ever drink, we do tend to hang out by the bar.  We always make jokes with the line from Dumb & Dumber, "Sitting by the bar, putting out the vibe."  There's usually sports on TV, and small groups can almost always be seated immediately.  People are also always watching, so we could also be an influence on the people who are going crazy.
Plain 'ol popcorn can hit the spot sometimes, too.
("having a blast at heaven on earth" is linked to the pictures I posted on Facebook from our trip.)

I got creative with my cooking once again, and made my own healthy version of Chick-fil-a's cinnamon clusters. 
I took slices of whole wheat bread, sliced them each into 3 strips, and coved/flattened them with "icing."  My icing was a mixture of:  honey, vanilla, protein powder, cool whip, almond milk, cinnamon and other spices, cream cheese, pumpkin, pumpkin butter, and I believe that is all.  Then I rolled them up and stuffed them into muffin cups.  I topped them with a bit more honey and cinnamon sugar before sticking them in the oven to bake until the tops were barely crispy.  Yum Yum!

Another great snack I found!  From the Emerald Almond makers, they have a line of Breakfast-to-Go packs.  This one is Caramel Macchiato, which has sea salt caramel almonds, mocha roast almonds, dark chocolate espresso beans, and granola in it, all giving you a great boost of healthy fat and protein to get you going for the day.  I think it goes great with yogurt and froyo as dessert, too!

There for a while, I was on a Reese's Puffs kick, and put them in almost all my desserts.  TCBY also has a new partnership with Mrs. Fields, and one of the new flavors is Peanut Butter Dream Bar, and it really is like a dream!

I actually won a contest.  Never in my life have I won a contest, but I enter them all the time!  YouthRunner magazine does a weekly contest on Instagram, where they choose a winner from photos that people tag with #YRContest.  A team prayer picture from this cross country season won a few weeks ago, and I got these two magazines and Roger Bannister movie in the mail!

Here is another simple, sweet, and encouraging Peanuts picure.

I went all appled-out one day at lunch.  I love to coordinate things.

This is my buddy Michael!  He was one of my first best friends in kindergarten.  Everyone calls him their favorite Asian.  This was the Sunday of Motown Madness, and I did my weekend run after I got home from church.  I just-so-happened to be finishing my run at the same time Michael, his dad, and friend were finishing their 40 mile bike ride.  They're into triathlons, which I think is awesome!

A new month means a new "Love Is" calendar picture!
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."  Ephesians 4:2

I took this picture from a Twitter post by Life is Good.  I love it because it is so true.  We are in charge of how we react to situations.  If we choose joy, there is no downside.  God provides joy; we just have to choose to accept it and live every moment with it.

This was my first big frozen yogurt in a long time!  It makes it more enjoyable to have it every once in a while.  (More cost-efficient, too; this stuff is pricey.)  This came from one of my favorites:

This amazing runner, Chanelle Price, won the 800 meter World Championships a couple weeks ago.  I don't know how I had never heard of her; she went to UT and lives in Knoxville, which is less than an hour down the road!  I hope I can meet her someday.  She has such a heart for and trust in the Lord, and gets to use her running as a platform to share Him with the world.  That's how I hope people see me, too.

We had a huge group at Bible Study last Wednesday morning!  It made me so happy to be able to fellowship and share little pieces of the Lord's work in our lives, so I had to get my dad to take a picture!
Alright, we're almost up to date.  This was the Peanuts picture from yesterday.  Joy is my favorite word, because it is a feeling that you can't really describe because it is far beyond happiness.  I believe the only true joy comes from delighting in the Lord.
I saw a commercial for this on tv a couple nights ago and decided to try it.  What an easy way to help people who don't have something so essential to life that we take for granted every day?  I went to the UNICEF Tap Project site on my phone and started it out, but I had some trouble.  I got it to work for 20 minutes one night, and last night it took no time, although I left it running, counting time, for over 9 hours while I slept.  Hopefully it is working better for others!
 
There is also a hilarious video on YouTube called "We Are Hungry" that makes fun of the school lunch program.  You should check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment