I can't celebrate them all, and some I took of my list becuase they were just completely irrelevant, but here is what I did throughout the month of April!
- April Fools’ Day
- National One Cent Day
- I have a gift for finding change everywhere.
- National Sourdough Bread Day
- National Ferret Day
- National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
- When I was little, it was peanut butter or it was jelly, never together, but now I have decided that it is a great taste! I even made a pancake topped with PB & J one day.
- National Reconciliation Day
- All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting the world's sins against them. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God." 2 Corinthians 5:18-20
- "For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to Him through the death fo His Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through His life! Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation." Romans 5:10-11
- "Through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, by making peace through His blood, shed on the cross." Colossians 1:20
- National Love Our Children Day – First Saturday In April
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6
"He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him." Proverbs 13:24
"The Lord disciplines those He loves, and He punishes everyone He accepts as a son." Hebrews 12:6
- National Chocolate Mousse Day
I love the fluffiness of chocolate mousse! I make it simply at home quite often using pudding and cool whip. This was a picture of the bowl of mocha cappuccino mousse that I took to our church Christmas party.
- National Find a Rainbow Day
One of the best flavors ever! Caramel!
Here I made caramel and chocolate sprinkle pancakes
Two of the many, many caramel ice creams I love. But only so many can fit in the freezer at one time.
Whenever it's a special occasion, this is what mom wants. Deep Dish Little Caesar's.
Two of the best kind of bars like this that I've had! Clif kidz iced oatmeal cookie and Meta Health spiced oatmeal raisin
This has been such an exciting year as we have had so many students decide to continue their sports into college! This was from Katlyn's signing to Milligan. I will brag on my best friend. Full ride academic and athletic to run cross country and track.
I haven't had coffee cake lately, but I've had coffee, and I've had cake, so that counts, right?
Feeling tired on this day? Don't want to clean. Don't. You have an excuse.
This is a description of my childhood. I have always been an animal-lover. The zoo was one of my favorite summer outings, and I dreamed of being a zoologist. Those career plans have changed, but I still love the wild animals. This is a picture of a drawing I made for my Grandmother, as she was the one who took me on my favorite summer excursions, including the zoo.
"As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard." Acts 4:20
Hah! I have none! I used to always pray for one, but now I know that God not wanting any more children in this family is totally for the best. I love our family the way it is.
"As it is, there are many parts, but one body." 1 Corinthians 12:20
"Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters." Hebrews 13:1
I don't typically want to see movies, but this one looks so cute and funny! My family is always watching animal videos, thanks to Dad, so a whole funny movie would be perfect for us.
Too bad I don't work. But I do "work" on things here at home in my pajamas all the time!
I wanted to write
But I totally forgot
Oh, look, a haiku!
(See what I did there, pulled that one out of thin air just now)
Show someone that you think they've done a great job! This doesn't even require words!
(Picture from enjoying some nature at Seven Islands Wildlife Refuge and Birding Park in Kodak, TN)
I don't like candy, but I have friends who are obsessed, so I buy jelly beans and then give them to them.
This is a throwback to a homemade loaf I made a couple summers ago with zucchini fresh from my neighbor's garden. They don't have any plants anymore, so this is in honor of all the veggies they have given me before! (I also used Gail's recipe as a guide for mine)
Do I need a day for this?
"He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.'" Mark 16:15
"Kings take pleasure in honest lips, they value the one who speaks what is right." Proverbs 16:13
"An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips." Proverbs 24:26
Some of my favorite Bible verses are ones that I look to specifically for anti-stress! There are so many, and God's peace so huge, but I'll just list a couple.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, and with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
"So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body, for youth and vigor are meaningless." Ecclesiastes 11:10
"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7