Thursday, January 4, 2018

Why I might be from Whoville

Instagram
Strava

It may sound contradictory, but it just wouldn't be Christmas without the Grinch!
This is one of my all-time favorite movies, and it will never get old. Mom and I have always watched it over and over every year, but this year I went all the way to December 23rd and hadn't seen it through once! So that day, I watched it twice. The first time was on my own downstairs wrapping Christmas presents--one of my favorite days of the whole year. "It's joyful and triumphant" for me! The second time was that night on the 25 days of Christmas with Mom and Dad. This year I realized that I can basically quote the entire movie.

While I may love the Christmas season with all my heart and could be a fellow citizen of Whoville, even I have ways that I can relate to the Grinch.
 I love to dance, and Christmas just brings it out more. (At my future Christmas parties, you bet we will have dancing.)
 That's why I am naturally so festive.
 Ahh, pudding...



 Bargain shopping is basically like a hobby.









 More partying!

 Where the majority of my money goes every year. I save up all year and even buy Christmas presents if I find something in the middle of summer.

 Every year I get more sentimental! It's bittersweet. I love it, but I feel ya, Cindy Lou, "my world is changing" and it means so much more!




This is the picture of my favorite day of the year--full of holiday cheer.

It truly is the simple things in life that fill my heart with the most joy, and that is a joy that I know comes from the Lord. It is not from things, but from Him. There would be no Christmas without Him, so there is no way to feel the true Christmas spirit only celebrating from a worldly view. There would be something missing. People long for meaning in life and in the everyday tasks they do, and this fulfillment is only found in Christ. It doesn't matter how many gifts you buy, wrap, give, receive, parties you host or attend, or family members you visit, etc., if there is no Christ in it. Who wants to celebrate "mas"?

"For from Him and through Him and for Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever, Amen!" Romans 11:36

No comments:

Post a Comment