Tuesday, March 12, 2019

A General Update with More to Come

YouTube
Dog Sit with Rover

It's been a really long time since I've written any real/personal blog posts, but my mind and heart have been full of things along the way that I've wanted to share. Life has been crazy busy, which is what has been keeping me from doing so, but my Strava stays pretty up to date by the day, because it is something I can simply add pictures and notes to from my day from my phone as I get time here and there. I'm on spring break this week and have some down time, though much more than I was looking forward to...more of that to come later.

God has been at work so much in my life over the past two years, and it is awesome to be able to feel and see it in my own life, and I want to share that with others, too. I know that is the reason I go through so much; God brings us through things in His power so we can use it as a testimony for others, and that's what I want to do. Even when things are not fun (sitting through irrelevant yet required campus programs), annoying (roommates never taking out the trash), painful (falling on the sidewalk), even miserable (running in a 35 degree downpour with 13 mph wind), I know they have a purpose. That's what gets me through each day.

So along the way, I hope to go back and share some of the highs, lows, and usuals of the daily life of Makenzie Jones. It's a journey for sure. Keep up with me here or on any of my social media. I love to share and would love to hear back from anyone!

So since I don't know where to start, here's a little update on my life in general:

-I am in school at UT Chattanooga (after transferring twice, not planned, not moving again)

-I am running cross country and track there! We got 2nd in the Southern Conference in October to Furman, so we basically won.

-I ran my first xc 6k this fall and my first indoor track 5k this winter.

-I hit a huge PR in the 5k!

-I am still a Communications major, but I added a double major in Sports, Outdoor Recreation, and Tourism (SORT) and a minor in Business.

-My dog has amazing climbing skills. (Or she is a magician.)

-We have lived in our new house on the lake for 1 year and 3 days!

-I finally feel like I am actually in college (but still a freshman for the 3rd year)

-Two of my teammates are married, one is engaged, and three more will be any day now.

-I've made many friends from other countries!

-Being a college athlete is HARD, but I wouldn't trade it for a thing. There is not enough time to do everything. I can't. I try to accept it, don't freak out, do what I can. (But I still tend to freak out; just ask my mom, who gets my text messages daily.)

-The dining hall is my lifesaver. Literally. And all the staff know me by name.

-God always has a plan. Those plans are not my plans, but they turn out to bless me way more than what I had thought was going to happen. Keep trusting.

Here's some pictures to give a sneak peak of details on these things to come!
 

 




  


No comments:

Post a Comment