Friday, September 6, 2019

"God's Not Done" --Songs and Scriptures Series

There were a lot of times that I felt like I was just in the middle of a big mess, usually one of my own making. I've become a pretty pessimistic person. Things just kept going wrong in seemingly every way. I don't want to try a lot of times because I feel like it is pointless.
Why plan if nothing will work out? Why invest in something that will be over soon? What if I run more and get hurt again? Why try to change something if it may not make a difference?
I struggle with that in this difficult world. It seems so far gone, only worse with how fast time passes and how much life I've already lived, but I have to remember that there is still so much life ahead of me. It's an even better reason why I can start acting in faith more now. There are a lot of things that I don't notice until I'm lost and hurting. I appreciate everything so much more then. I see how life could be when I'm not taking advantage of it. I see God's work in ways I have overlooked before. I get stronger in my weaknesses. It forces me to make changes, trust more, challenge myself, my doubts, and my fears. Uncertainty makes me trust in God more fully, pain makes me persevere, weakness humbles me and makes me work harder to overcome them and get better. Through recent injury, I now have a lot more balance in my legs, awareness of issues and how to work on them, know where I'm weak and need to take better care of myself. I've been through such lows that God has brought me out of, it gives me hope. I can find joy in sorrows. I know that all these small things are part of my whole life's plan. When I don't know, He does. There is more to life than now. I will always have things to work toward. College is an amazing time, but it is only one section of time. I can't be obsessed with it or depressed with its end, but rejoice in knowing that there is also a huge future. Though I fear the unknown of where I may be in a couple years, I have hope in His plan.










God's Not Done
by Tauren Wells

Standing in your ruins, feels a lot like the end
So used to losing, you're afraid to try again
Right now all you see are ashes
Where there was a flame
The truth is that you're not forgotten
Cause grace knows your name
...There's a light you didn't notice til you're standing in the dark
And there's a strength that's growing
Inside your shattered heart
...He's got a plan, this is part of it
He's gonna finish what He started
God's not done writing your story
...God's not done with you
Even with your broken heart and your wounds and your scars
Even when you're lost and it's hard and you're falling apart
It's not over; it's only begun
So don't hide, don't run
Cause God's not done with you


What God's Word Says:

I put this verse here first, because it falls into almost every category below!
"being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you have have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of His holy people in the kingdom of light." Colossians 1:11-12

God's Plan and Your Future

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord. 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11


"Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

"To humans belong the plans of the heart, but from the Lord comes the proper answer of the tongue...Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and He will establish your plans. The Lord works out everything to its proper end...In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps." Proverbs 16:1, 3-4, 9

"I know that you can do all thins; no purpose of yours can be thwarted." Job 42:2

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

"Since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect." Hebrews 11:40

"'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,' declares the Lord." Isaiah 55:8

"In Him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will, in order that we..might be for the praise of His glory." Ephesians 1:11-12

"I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, 'My purpose will stand, and I will do what I please.'" Isaiah 46:10

"Instead you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that.'" James 4:15

"so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom but on God's power." 1 Corinthians 2:5

"They did what Your power and will had decided beforehand should happen." Acts 4:28

"He has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of His own purpose and grace." 2 Timothy 1:9

"But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of His heart through all generations." Psalm 33:11

"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this." Psalm 37:5

"for God's gifts and His call are irrevocable." Romans 11:29

Perseverance and Finishing

"Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6


"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary and what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:17-18

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." Romans 8:18

"You know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be made mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:3-4

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7

"Jesus replied, 'You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." John 13:7

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

"We glory in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4

"Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial, because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love Him." James 1:12

"As for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good." 2 Thessalonians 3:13

"We want each of you to show diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized." Hebrews 6:11

"Stand firm, and you will win life." Luke 21:19

"You will be hated by everyone because of Me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved." Matthew 10:22

"Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer...Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor's crown." Revelation 2:10

"May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance." 2 Thessalonians 3:5

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us with with perseverance the race marked out for us, keeping our eyes on Jesus." Hebrews 12:1-2

Restored Joy

"I have told you this so that My joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." John 15:11

"Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete." John 16:24

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me...Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me." Psalm 51:10, 12

Broken Hearts

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death nor mourning nor crying nor pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21:4


"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in Me." John 14:1

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3

"My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, You, O God, will not despise." Psalm 51:17

Patience

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12


"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him; do not fret when people...carry out their wicked schemes." Psalm 37:7

"But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." Romans 8:25

"The revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay." Habakkuk 2:3

"Wait for the Lord; be strong, and take heart, and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14

"The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead, He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9


Strength and Weakness

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31


"He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." Isaiah 40:29

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

"My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to Your word." Psalm 119:28

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise Him." Psalm 28:7

"The Lord is my strength and my defense; He has become my salvation." Psalm 118:14

"The Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to tread on the heights." Habakkuk 3:19

Light and Darkness

"The people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned." Matthew 4:16 and Isaiah 9:2


"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5

"You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light." Psalm 18:28

"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light and find out what pleases the Lord." Ephesians 5:8

"...God's special possession that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness and into His wonderful light." 1 Peter 2:9

"for God who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:6

"But if we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1:7

"You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness." 1 Thessalonians 5:5

"Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." Ephesians 5:14

God Will Never Leave Us

"into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you." 1 Peter 1:4


"Cast your cares on the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken." Psalm 55:22

"The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

"Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord my God is with you. H will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the Lord is finished." 1 Chronicles 28:20

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." Genesis 28:15

"For the Lord will not reject His people; He will never forsake His inheritance." Psalm 94:14

Live for the Lord


"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace." Acts 20:24

"If we live, we live for the Lord; if we die, we die for the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord." Romans 14:8

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment