Friday, April 10, 2015

Comics and Quotes

If you've seen some of my previous posts, you know that I like to look at certain comics because they tend to relate to my life!  Here are some that I've cut out and kept lately that I'll get around to sharing now. 
My mom showed me this one, and some others when she thinks of it because I haven't had much time to read the comics lately with school and track. I am addicted to butterscotch pudding, though!

This was a heading at the top of my planner one week. If that wasn't another thing God put in my path, I can't tell you what is. I've been looking up a lot of verses about perseverance, and I am always making mistakes that I should learn from. And that's a track. Whoa.

How most of west high AP juniors feel right now. History class has gone downhill. 
Mmm maple syrup...!
I'm also addicted to concocting pancakes, but maple is a very enticing smell and flavor, as well. 

I always say it. I believe it. Jesus is coming. 

Our team actually did this at cross country camp last summer. All the way from 99 to 0. My head almost exploded. I gave this one to Coach Farmer to add to his memories. 

This made me crack up!

Dad sent me this one. I said the picture was just like him and our dog, especially once they get the new house set up at the lake!  But I also like the words. Life is totally unplanned. We try to plan, but that's not our job. God already has everything planned out. 
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares The Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope.'"  Jeremiah 29:11

Dennis may be a menace, but this comic made my heart happy. Praying yourself to sleep is a great way to end the day. 

This is totally my dad. Spot on. 

Sadly, this is a great representation of our world. We are way too depressed over not having things that are totally unnecessary, yet we act like it is the end of the world if we don't have it. 
Let's try to rejoice more in what we do have instead of what we don't have!

Holiday comics ride again!  They're my favorite. This was from several months ago, but it is relevant all year. I am not a very flexible person, so that is something I have resolved to work on. 
This quote was from one of my Motown Madness college leaders this year, Katie Russells. We don't have to be "great" to e of mighty use to The Lord. He will give us just what we need to do just what He needs us to do!

I've also come up with some of my own little sayings lately. 
-It is often through our deepest pains and toughest trails that we emerge the most on fire for God. 
-God will open our eyes, but it is up to is to keep them fixed on Him. 

Some favorites I got from others that have been on my heart lately:
-If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it. 
Very similar to this one from my dear friend Jenna Rogers
-If it's God's will, He'll pay the bill. 
-Nothing under God's control can ever be out of control. 


No comments:

Post a Comment