Thursday, July 11, 2019

Believe!



Believe!!! (From Strava, 7/2/19)

Photo
Out on the water is a great place to think, pray, plan (I have mixed emotions with this word), and get some inspiration from peaceful time away from everything else. Today I was really thinking about my devotion from yesterday. It can be applied to life and sports. You hear all the time that you have to "believe in the program." If you don't have faith in your training, you won't fully do it, and it won't work. It is psychological, too. The same goes for your faith and any other challenges. If you don't believe that there is a solution, that God is working something good, that He will reward faith, then you won't get the benefit. If you think you might feel better if you drink water instead of soda, but you also doubt that it will make a difference so you keep drinking mostly soda, that 'think' will not make change. You have to 'believe' and DO. God doesn't say if you think you will be saved. He says if you BELIEVE you will be saved. For me in this current predicament, I think I can come back stronger and motivated if I let myself rest and heal more fully than before. But sometimes when I just think and still hold onto my doubts, I don't allow change to happen. I tell myself, "Well, I might heal faster, but I might not, and then I would just be really out of shape, so I need to push myself super hard cross training, just in case." But now I am fighting back with telling myself to relax. See what happens. "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten." I have to do things differently if I want different results. I have been through so much, and the only thing that brought me out stronger than I've ever been was giving up my faith in myself, accepting my failures, and totally trusting God to take care of my body and life. And He did. He always will. "Believe that He exists and rewards those who earnestly seek Him." Hebrews 11:6
So this is me, challenging myself in a rather ironic way. The challenge to be confident in uncertainty of my circumstances and the certainty of God's plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment