Saturday, August 24, 2013

All About Happiness

Each week, my running log has quotes, tips, and encouragement to look at.  A couple weeks ago, things just kept coming up in Bible studies, church, songs, even my teacher at school, and the book I am reading that were telling me to just enjoy the moment.  Life means so much more than the things I worry about.  My running log had this quote in it by Jackie Joyner-Kersee, a six time Olympic medal winner:  "The medals don't mean anything, and the glory doesn't last.  It's all about your happiness."  God also said in John 10:10, "I have come so that you may have life, and have it to the full."  Jesus came to die so that we could live.  But not just live to be alive, live to the full.  Time goes by extremely fast.  I am completely shocked at how quickly the past 2 years of my life have been, and it just keeps speeding up.  "Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.  Therefore, do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is."  Ephesians 5:15-17.  Remember what the most important things in life truly are, and enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment