Friday, January 2, 2015

Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock, Counting Down the Christmas Clock

 
"Tick-tock, tick-tock, counting down the Christmas clock.
Old, young, big, small..AHHHH!"
-The Grinch
 
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2014
 
Yeah, that's how I've felt, too.  This year it was not the least bit difficult to count down the Christmas clock because it came so fast it had me saying, "AHH!" daily!  Mom was, too.  I counted it out, and if I had gone to everything that I was welcomed to, I would have partied every night for 8 days straight.  However fun it may have been, I needed some time to Christmas prep, too!  Over the years, we have made it tradition with one of our closest family friends, the Wolfenbargers, to have a get-together, and it is always one of my favorites!  It's a Christmas Eve Eve celebration!  This entire day was a party. 
These are the times I love the most.
This week I've just been doing my workouts spur of the moment.  I woke up to sunshine this morning, but feeling tired, so I decided that I was going to go on a short run, out 3 miles to and back, and come home to make breakfast.
 
I though I would ahve some fun with my pancakes and make them Christmas colored by usuing peanut butter m&ms.  It made cute alliteration, too! 
 I enjoy getting to take my time and wear comfy clothes around the house on Christmas break.  I'm really hoping we get some snow days so I can do it some more!
 
This is also a great time to do extra Bible study.  My mind has been needing it, too, so I took my coffee to the peace and quiet of downstairs and did some reading in Psalm 62 with the Christmas lights in the background and a candle for some atmosphere.
 
I didn't have anything specific in mind, just knew that I needed something to lift me up!  Psalms is always a good place to start.  I opened up to a "random" chapter (nothing is random in God's plan), and it was perfect!  It's not a very long book, so you should read it for yourself sometime!
 
Basically, David is in distress.  He feels like he is in a battle that will never end.  He knows that he alone is weak and in a struggle, that the only strength he has comes from God.
"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken."  Psalm 62:1-2
In verse 8, he encourages the people who would later read his psalm to trust in God and pour out their hearts to Him.  This is important because God loves us deeply and wants to hear what we truly feel!
He also reminds that material possessions and riches are no good to cling to.  God is all we need.
"...You, O God, are strong, and You, O Lord, are loving,..." (verse 11-12)
Later in the afternoon, I finally finished my Christmas wrapping for all my friends and parents!  Yes it was December 23rd, but at least I got them wrapped!  It was all Peanuts this afternoon with the movie and both of my wrapping papers.
I finally dressed up today, too!  I had been looking forward to having these friends over for so long, I gave myself extra time to get some use out of my pretty new sweater and my holiday jewelery.
I love to match things, but I didn't even do this one on purpose.


We always get a picture in front of our tree.
Every year, though, Noah just keeps getting taller, leaving Abby and me feeling small!
All ready for some of Kristy's fantastic homemade soup and banana pudding!
We make our parties simple with throw-away plates, bowls, and utensils.  That's how we roll.  Just so you know, Kristy Wolfenbarger is a wonderful cook!  This is her chicken tortilla soup, which is something I could eat endless bowls of!  I am so thankful to have this sweet lady and her whole family to treat me like family, too.

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment