Tuesday, November 25, 2014

¡Feliz Cumpleaños a mi!

 
I honestly felt like I had no time to celebrate my birthday, but I did...one step at a time!  

The first thing I was concerned with was the conference cross country meet on Thursday, October 16th. It is very small, but if course I wanted to win. We ran at the course in Knoxville where the middle school state meet is held, Victor Ashe Park. I really liked the course and think I could run a PR there in good conditions!  However, it was a muddy, wet mess this day!  I was still under 19:00 for the win, though, which I am thankful. It was tough. Afterwards, I got in a scenic cool down (my favorite) around the park. I was starving and shivering which each made each other worse. We stopped by Chick-fil-a for my favorite meal there, then across the street to Froyoz for dessert!  I hadn't planned on it, but it was really late, an hour away from home and I needed recovery fuel!  It also tasted so good!  I told mom and dad it could be part of my birthday present.   
This store had a new topping that I had never seen/tried, snickerdooldle in little teeny balls!
The yogurt was Reese's Peanut Butter, Pure Pistachio, Dulce de Leche, and Pecan Praline.
Waking up on Friday, I did a morning run then opened the gift mom and dad had left for me:  a Peanuts gang lanyard and keychain!  I also am in love with these gift bags, so mom reuses them each year. 
For dinner, Dad picked up my grandmother and met us at El Sazon. Granannie can't get around much, but she loves this place and we can park right at the door. Her birthday is the day before mine, so we celebrated together. 
I had a little mishap!  While cutting my jalepenos is my taco salad, the knife and fork slipped, sending salsa all over my face and shirt!
Here are the gifts I got that night!  A new Garmin Forerunner 15, sweater, shirt (which sadly doesn't fit) and some awesome socks!
Sunday, we went out for my fancy meal, but took some pictures after church first. Mom has to take pictures. This one is cute, in my opinion. 
This is in front if the Apple Barn's Farmhouse Restaurant in Sevierville, where I chose to take a few friends to shop and celebrate!
They have a Christmas store!
These coffee cups were so cute, I almost bought one, but I can never make myself spend my money. 
This was my lunch meal!  I just love fruit, veggies, and chicken!
This is perfect for my dad. Photographed and iMessaged to him!
Mom does not agree, but i totally do!
Yes...I love where I'm at and what I have. 
Coffee gets me through those cold school days. 
Gotta love the meat too...yum and protein!
This place is beautiful, with so much shopping to do in multiple stores: Christmas, candy, wine, general store...
This is the main place to shop, and even more eating if you choose!  Another version if the same restaurant is on this side along with a smaller cafe for goodies and sweets. 
Group photo!
Goofy group photo!
Now for the big treat...the creamery!
They even had samples out!
I got a quart. So many homemade flavors, so little time in life...as you can see, I also added the samples!
Here we are getting our fill!
Katlyn is so funny. We're not sure why she was eating with multiple spoons. 
I bought some apple pie flavored coffee and some popcorn to try sometime. I also shopped ahead of time for Christmas, but those are secrets!
 
Now for another celebration:
The next Sunday, I had the cross country girls over to my house to snack, Just Dance, open gifts, and watch at he Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!  My moose also joined us. 
This contraption was created by Grace, and I was very impressed!  She filled it with fall, protein bars, and even an iTunes card!
Also excited for some new socks! My friends know me so well!
This is a gift from Megan. I put it in my coffee, oatmeal, desserts, and all kinda of things to give it that flavor!
After all that was done, we went to TCBY!  The new one, owned by the same people, just moved, recently opened, so I introduced everyone!
This is a cup of white chocolate macadamia and pumpkin with cinnamon on top.

Love this shot of us all!
 
It all came and went extremely fast, but I enjoyed getting to celebrate my 17th birthday with some fantastic people!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment