Saturday, November 15, 2014

School-Starting Scriptures

Yes, I know school started months ago...I just realized that this was still saved, with no words, in my drafts.  I have wanted to share these things for so long!  At the end of summer, I did some redecorating and designing and Bible Studying to get me off to a positive start when I went back to school.


My dry erase board in my room got redrawn on.
No boundaries was my summer and season-starting motto, expressing that I didn't want to set any limits on what I could do this year. 
I love Colossians 4:5-6, because people are always watching. Life is short. I want to use every moment to the max!
I am third means the same thing as JOY and the other Bible verse: Jesus first, then serving others, myself last. 
Every time the month changes and I flip my calendar, I post a picture of the page and find a corresponding verse.
"Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near."
Reading my Bible before bed always helps me go to sleep more at peace.  At any time of day, it will give me a boost!

****
I have no picture to go with this part, but I believe that it is my favorite part of this whole post.  Some days my devotion just hits me right on the money.  August 2nd was one of those days.
It started out with one of my favorite verses: John 16:33, "In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world." 
Being a Christian doesn't mean that we will get deliverance from trouble.  Trouble comes to everyone quite often!  Being a Christian means that we can find deliverance in trouble.
God also doesn't give us overcoming life.  He gives us life as we overcome.  We gain strength in the struggles!
When we spend ourselves physically, we become exhausted, but by spending ourselves spiritually, we gain more and more strength.
I love the comparisons used in that day's devotion!  I am all the way through November 14th now, and that is still the best day I have come across.
(Oswald Chamber's My Utmost for His Highest daily devotion, August 2nd)
I don't like cherries, so I used them to represent the bad fruits that we may produce in life, such as jealousy, slander, and disrespect.  Pineapple is probably the best fruit out there, so I used it to represent the good things we can produce to feed others, like the fruits of the spirit!
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control
What kind of fruit is your life producing?  Will it nourish your own life and the lives of others, or will it make you and others sick?

This is very challenging to me. I often fall prey to the comparison trap. I want to be the best!  Always!  That's what I tend to set my focus on, and it hurts me sometimes, especially when I'm not number one. This is at anything really, not just sports. To keep my head on straight, I must remember that God did not create me to be the best all the time, just my best, and His plan will make me who in supposed to be. 

These next few pictures are many verses and such that I had kept up with for a while and then put them all together to have in my binders to read through during school. We went over this above in Sunday school one weekend. 


My friend Abby, who I greatly admire her spirit for The Lord, made this sketch!

One of God's greatest commands is to love. It is the #1 way to share Him with others!

TimeHop showed me another not-coincidence:  one day this was on my TimeHop, then I went to biblegateway app for the verse of the day, and they were the same!

I need this verse as a reminder daily!  I try to make my own plans and follow through with them, but that is not a wise idea!  No matter how hard I try, God's plans will not be overtaken.  This can give me peace if I allow it. 

I love how Peanuts is so gospel-centered.  This is another day off of my flip-calendar.

Whoo is this a good one or what!  Although life is insane right now, with so much going on in every aspect of it, I can cling to my God and know that He will never let His children be defeated!

It is so nice to be able to have alone time to dig into God's Word.  This is one morning after our team Bible Study and before I ran.  It is a blessing to have the class schedule that I have.  Not only are verses an encouraging way to get motivation for serving the Lord, but so is music!  I have many songs that I have been looking through the lyrics to and digging into the Biblical backgrounds...more to come as I learn from songs, I will share!

No comments:

Post a Comment