Thursday, August 6, 2015

God's Beautiful Power

Instagram
 
While we were gone to the beach, we had fantastic weather!  It only rained once, and it didn't even mess up our plans.  That is a huge blessing to get to enjoy over 2 weeks of perfect beach weather.  We had all the sunshine, heat, and humidity we could handle.  One night there was a lightning storm.  All lightning.  No thunder.  It was amazing!  It was constant lightning with no noise!  We stood out on the balcony and watched it for a really long time.  I thought this was an awesome demonstration of God's power.  He is the one who controls the weather, something powerful, and so unpredictable to us. I believe that is one thing He uses to show us that we are not in control; He is.  We can't know what will happen or how it will happen.  He is in total control, and His plan is amazing.
The golf night was a late night, and I was exhausted. I cherish my sleep, but I got in bed after midnight!  It was worth it though. If Dad had not wanted to stay longer and practice putting, I wouldn't have gotten to experience this amazing lightning storm.  It was truly amazing and made me watch in awe of how powerful our God is. He makes beautiful things happen that we can't understand so that He can demonstrate that awesome power.


This also led me to look up some verses about lightning and brought to mind a song by the Newsboys!  Here's some of what I found.

"The voice of the Lord strikes with flashes of lightning."  Psalm 29:7
Light light light up the sky
You light up the sky
To show me You are with me
I I I can't deny
No I can't deny that You are right here with me
You've opened my eyes
So I can see You all around me
Light light light up the sky
You light up the sky to show me
That You are with me

"See how He scatters His lightning about Him, bathing the depths of the seas.  This is the way He governs the nations and provides food in abundance.  He fills His hands with lightning and commands it to strike tis mark.  His thunder announces the coming storm..."  Job 36:30-32
"When He thunders, the waters in the heavens roar; He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth.  He sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from His storehouses."  Jeremiah 51:16

No comments:

Post a Comment