Monday, December 7, 2015

Friendsgiving

Instagram
 
You may have heard of Friendsgiving before.  I had, too.  I thought it was a name people put to Thanksgiving when they had a Thanksgiving get-together with friends instead of family!  There's a real thing to it, though.  I am following No Kid Hungry on instagram from where I found out that they partner with one of my favorite yogurt shops, Orange Leaf.
Out of curiosity, I followed the link and found out that it's a real thing!  And a great thing!  Thanksgiving, friends, fun, and helping others!
"For God loves a cheerful giver."  2 Corinthians 9:7
"The Lord Jesus Himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'" Acts 20:35
So I got started "hosting" my own Friendsgiving. I'm not having an official party or anything, but just spending some time with various people throughout the month, enjoying my blessings. My plan is to have friends over to cook with me several times!  Cooking is one if my favorite activities, but it will be so much better sharing it with people I love.
"Jesus answered, 'It is written 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.''" Matthew 4:4
My goal is to just raise some money!  It doesn't matter how little or how much; I just want to make some kind of impact. You would be surprised at how far just a few dollars will go in feeding those who need it more than you could imagine.
"Freely you have received, freely give."  Matthew 10:8
"Whatever you did for the least of these brothers of Mine, you did for Me."  Matthew 25:40
So it doesn't have to be a lot!  Just think, if 50 people gave $2, that's $100 dollars. And God works miracles!  Who knows what can happen with all that!  Like my Pator says, "Your little becomes much when placed in the hands of Christ."
"Give and it will be given to you."  Luke 6:38
"Give generously."  Romans 12:8
If you want to be a part of helping feed some hungry kids this Thanksgiving and Christmas season, that would be awesome!  I promise that God will give you some extra joy!  If not, He will still give you joy.  That's what's awesome about our God. 
No matter what you do, who you are, or where you are, there is something we can all do for anyone all over the world:  PRAY!  That's the most simple, yet powerful act ever.
"He who gives to the poor will lack nothing."  Proverbs 28:27
Feel free to share this and/or the team page with anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment