Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hebrews 11-The Faith Chapter

I have been doing a lot of Bible study through different books on my own lately, and right now I am on Hebrews.

Hebrews 11:1 starts out the chapter with a definition of faith: "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  Then later on, verse 6 says, "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."
This really meant a lot to me right now because with friends, family, and at church we have all been talking about how we feel that God is going to do something really big soon.  He has really been working in my life personally lately, which can be a little scary.  But as a Christian, I have to have faith.  I have hope in Christ that He has a beautiful plan for my life and will give me the reward of eternal life when I go to meet Him one day.  Although I have no idea what is ahead in my life, I can be certain that it will "work together for the good of those who love Him."   Romans 8:28

This 11th chapter of Hebrews is often called the Faith Chapter because it gives so many examples of people who acted "By faith..."  However, these characters did not always receive a reward on earth, but they knew that by living for God, they had an eternal crown waiting on them in heaven, that is better than anything we could ever receive on earth.  The chapter ends by saying, "God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."  Verse 40.  We may not get things easy while we are on earth, but once in heaven, God may look at us and say, "Well done My good and faithful servant."  Matthew 25:21  No matter what happens in life here on earth, we will never lose what God has promised.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment