Monday, July 29, 2013

Powerful Recovery Pancakes



Pancakes are one of my absolute favorite foods to make for after I run, especially during the summer when I have more time after our morning practices.  They are easy to make and can be dressed up any way to fit your taste bud or energy needs.  This morning I was in need of some extra fat and protein, so I decided to add some peanut butter.  Here are the ingredients I used: (I blended them to make the batter smoother) -Planters cinnamon raisin granola nut peanut butter
-peanuts
-raisins
-a banana
-oatmeal
-whole wheat pancake mix
Once they were done cooking, I sprinkled cinnamon on top, spread blackberry preserves on some, and drizzled honey.  Pancakes like this are great for those long, tough days to keep you going!
As this is one of my favorite healthy foods to make, I'll share more creations in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment