Wednesday, June 6, 2018

First Day at the Beach!

Instagram
  Strava

I just can't express how good it feels to finally be at the beach! It's been around two years, and it's been the roughest two years of our lives. We have needed this more than anyone can know!


Mom and I headed out the door just after 8 to bike and run. She used to follow in the Yukon, but that only lasted a few times several years ago. I knew it wasn't a good idea, but she had to try. Now she bikes alongside me, and she loves it. I love it for her. It makes me so happy to see her getting to spend time outside and exercising and enjoying the beach even more. This year is a bit harder for her because she is having some major arm issues and is having surgery after we get home, but she is a trooper and enjoying the ride for both of us. On this route we get to see a little bit of hotels, but then go back into the Dunes Club and see some nice houses and part of the golf club. Out and back twice today.

I was excited to try a new breakfast after this run, and it was one of the best I have done! I wish I could do it again, but I only had one sweet potato left at home to bring so it wouldn't go bad. This breakfast bowl was sweet potato, cinnamon pops, dried kiwi, honey, egg, almond, and cashew milk.

Mom and I got to sit and talk for a while, just having a great time relaxing and laughing! I read a little and did some Bible study before making a smoothie for lunch. What is the beach without a couple smoothies? This series of devotions was titled "Don't be a Sluggard." Now, I know most people would say that this is irrelevant for me; I'm always going-going-going and working hard. In a way, this is true. But at the same time, I go so much sometimes that I don't have energy or focus to do fun/social/other things. These things are hugely important to the life of a believer! God wants us to have energy, fellowship, and opportunities to connect with others and share life with them. He wants us to have a full life, not just a life full of busy-ness. When I have too much on my plate, I get tired, and yes, lazy. I don't do simple things like clean my room or go to some kind of social or youth group thing just because I'm tired and want to sit at home. This is selfish in a way, and I can be lazy just like anyone else. When I fill my days with work of various sorts, I get lazy with other things. I also tend to put off change. That's laziness, too. I have good intentions to do new things, but I always put it off until "later" or "tomorrow." Then it's always too late or not a good time. When God calls us to action, He wants us to act! When I am sluggish in my responsibilities, it impacts others. When I leave a mess at home, it is harder on Mom. If I don't bring over the bag of flour and fill the containers when I have a slow morning at work, it makes it harder on the next shift. When I stay at home rather than go to the park with some kids from church, I could be missing out on the fun and fellowship and encounters to share Christ. Sluggishness shows up in more ways than you think! Even the most hard-core of us have our own ways of being lazy. I admit it. What is it for you?

Another thing that I have been trying to do is use things that I've bought and to do things for myself! I don't like to do things alone or just for my benefit. But as this trip is going along, I am really enjoying it. A couple of those things I already got started on today: used some new dry shampoo--the bottle and name and smell all just make me so happy (Plump For Joy); wore my hair in a bun and tied a ribbon in it; used my Ben & Jerry's glass. These are such small things, but they make a big difference!
6-1 is National Nail Polish Day! And National Donut Day, much more well-known.
More on this to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment