Sunday, June 3, 2018

Third Time's the Charm

Instagram
  Strava

Third Time's the Charm
9:10 AM on Tuesday, May 29th



This morning did not start off too well...I was late getting started to head to the old house to run, but then I realized I forgot my watch (which I had also done a day a couple weeks before). It was also raining. The weather forecast was wrong, as usual, but I don't like running in the rain. (At least it wasn't cold, I told myself) I hadn't gotten too far, so I turned around and ran upstairs and back out. Then after making it a little farther down the road, my windshield wiper flew off. Why? I don't know; it wasn't even raining hard. They were brand new wipers! Just a couple weeks old! So there I was, still driving down the road, called Mom to ask her what to do, and she told me to come back home because I can't be driving around in the rain with no windshield wipers (but I thought later now a legit reason to say that I couldn't go into work at moment's notice). Frustrated with circumstances but pleasantly surprised by Mom's encouragement, I headed out the door for a third time. This time I ran and made it the whole way with no disasters. The rain wasn't even bothersome.


Following this run, I was most excited to try a new egg scramble that I thought up. For some reason, I've been craving avocado lately. I didn't even like avocado until like two weeks ago. I think it's my mind and body trying to tell me something. So this bowl was scrambled egg (which I do in the microwave--so fluffy and fast!), avocado, and onion. And coffee, always (unless it's tea). "Life is crazy good" even though today life started out just crazy. I'm thankful to have been safe, healthy, and able to run.

After taking one last day to do a deep conditioner and face mask, I worked on some clean up and packing tasks around the house then laid down for a nap. When I'm having a hard time, this is something that I have come to cherish to get me through a day. My sleep has not been acceptable the past few months, so I'm trying to make up for it where I can. It was a great nap, too.


Lesson learned, I can get blood drawn and shots no problem, but stick something through my ear, and it tears me up. I'm personally fine with it; there is just something about the afterthought of there being a hole punched through my cartilage that makes me sick when something goes wrong. Long story short, I tried to change my stud to a hoop, and it was a curved post that I could not get in the right angle. I finally did, but then I couldn't latch the back, asked for Mom's help, and that was even worse than just trying to get it through my ear. I almost passed out/threw up twice and ended up leaving it until the next day not even latched in the back.

Next up was another new wonderful waffle! I really like carrot cake, and I discovered that using leftover canned carrots from previous dinners is one of the tastiest things...I've started using it in both oatmeal and waffles! I'm also in that point before vacation where you throw together random leftovers, so in this batter was also some peas, white beans, and pineapple juice. For the carrot cake affect the batter also had almonds and raisins, which is more normal. The topping was peas, carrots, honey, juice, and maple peanut butter.

Another habit that we have gotten into is eating dinner really late. So this night Mom and I actually sat down around 7! That was early! So I took a break between dinner and dessert to do my devotion for the day.
I have all kinds of Bible study things I would love to get to, but I have come to really believe in quality over quantity. Some days I may only get through a few verses or one small page in a devotional, but it can still speak to my heart more than much lengthier things sometimes. All it takes is a little work of the Spirit. The last in a series of 4 about seeking to glorify God, this was focused on trials. In Philippians 1:29, we are told to remember that with believing in Him includes suffering for Him. But we can find peace when we suffer in living for Christ because then we are doing something right. If life was easy in this world, if the world accepted us, we would not be living the life Christ has called us to. What really stood out to me here was the direction of prayers. It is natural to want to pray for relief from a circumstance (even Jesus asked if the Father could save the world any other way), but the way we should turn our hearts is to change our attitude. The challenges we face are great opportunities to grow personally and to share with others. “Tests lead to testimony.” I can surely attest to that. No, I don’t like all the things I have been through, but I am thankful for them. I may have failed, but I have received grace, mercy, and strength to come back and be able to try again, and more importantly, to share the encouragement that I have received with others.

Speaking of encouragement...Beth Moore is a good one, and I am glad to see that she seems to support the Warriors! GSW FTW.

And it was national paperclip day. Small, but so handy! Papers, picking out things, poking things, unlocking doors...

No comments:

Post a Comment