Friday, June 8, 2018

National Donut Day and Again with Dad!

Instagram
  Strava

Great discovery that I've had in the past year: I love warm, moist, decorative doughnuts. (Yes, that is also how it is spelled.) Myrtle Beach also has a Krispy Kreme and a Peace, Love, and Little Donuts that I would love to try, but they are farther away, so I'll have to find another time for that.

There were several options around to get free donuts on National Donut Day, but there is a Dunkin just 4 blocks from our hotel, so that is where I went! It was such a simple little thing, but there is something about riding a bike that is so refreshing for me. In a 1 mile, 6 or so minute ride, I had so much fun! I put on a new top from VS Pink and new donut headband from Sweatybands and rode to DD! Adventure activities like this are my favorite.


The donut I got was the "Royal" one, limited time for the royal wedding. It was jelly-filled with chocolate and strawberry icing. Delicious!



Another little thing that made me happy inside was my new-ish (got it in the fall, have maybe worn it once) pineapple shirt! It was my goal to get a picture wearing it with a real pineapple. Two missions accomplished in one day!


Later that night, Mom and I ate dinner at Cracker Barrel with a giftcard she had, so basically for free. We love their fish! Since we were at the beach, I couldn't pass up an opportunity for fish anyways.


After dinner, we went to Marshall's and shopped around way longer than we thought! I got myself some shorts and a couple presents for Father's Day. The last stop was Mom's favorite ice cream spot, Cold Stone. This cup was new flavors for me: mint, chocolate caramel, and peanut butter cookie batter. Cold Stone has all plain flavors with a lot of mix in options, so you can make any creation right there on the spot! I was taking it to go, so I mixed stuff in at the hotel. Day 1 was a success for sure!



For Dad's first day with us, we decided to stay in for dinner to give us all more time on the beach and be ready for the next game of the NBA finals at 8. We usually go out to Ultimate California Pizza at Barefoot Landing one night, but it takes a while. However, they also deliver, so I had the idea that we order it for one of the nights we stay in. After Dad had spent so much time sitting in the car driving here (although he drives pretty fast to get here), he felt the need to loosen up, and I had the craving for some more donuts! Solution! Bike to Dunkin! This was not only a solution for both of us, but it was also a fun way to spend a little time together and pass the time waiting on the dinner delivery. When I was younger, we used to do Dunkin runs/bikes/trips more often, leaving from my house and finishing at DD. Then Mom or someone would come pick us up. While it only took about 3-5 minutes to get there, it was still fun. I got some jelly-filled munchkins this time since they didn't have the chocolate strawberry ones anymore. Dad got a cookie and a brownie.

 After we got back, I showered and finished up just as the delivery guy got to the door! Mom and Dad split a pizza and I got some mango habanero wings! Mom is addicted to Little Caesar's at home, but she admits that Ultimate California is way better. I also agree. I like getting to make my own pizza there, but tonight I went for wings! They were also the best of any place I've ordered wings. What made it even better was that I could get them boneless. Less mess, more meat. We enjoyed our dinner while watching Big Bang Theory, then we had our dessert during the game. Warriors are heading for a sweep! (At least we hope).



No comments:

Post a Comment