Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Back to School Verses of Encouragement

Back around New Years, I picked out some Bible verses that I wanted to focus on when I'm getting back into the swing of school and regular schedules, and I wanted to share them, too!
These are the Bible verses that I have written and placed in the front page of the binder that I plan to keep with me during the school day.  Often times, I need an encouragement to keep me positive and focused, and God's Word never fails!
 
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of his world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--His good, pleasing, and perfect will."  Romans 12:2
 
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.  Finally, brothers, whatever is true...noble...right...pure...lovely...admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.  Whatever you have learned...put it into practice."  Philippians 4:6-9
 
"Be happy, young one, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth..."  Ecclesiastes 11:9 (I used this verse for a decoration the other day, too)
 
"He will have no fear of bad news; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord."  Psalm 112:7
 
"Be very careful to keep the commandment and the law...to love the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, to obey His commands, to hold fast to Him and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul."  Joshua 22:5
 
"Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom...and whatever you do, whether in word or in deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father..."  Colossians 3:16-17
 
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.  It is the Lord Christ you are serving."  Colossians 3:23-24
 
"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.  Let your conversation be always full of grace..."  Colossians 4:5
 
"Submit yourselves, then, to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  Come near to God and He will come near to you.  Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded...Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up.  Brothers, do not slander one another...There is only one Lawgiver and one Judge, the One who is able to save and destroy.  But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?"
James 4:7-8, 10-12
 
"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me...Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me."
Psalm 51:10, 12
 
"I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols.  I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.  And I will put My Spirit in you and move you to follow My decrees and be careful to keep My laws...I will be your God...I will save you from all your uncleanness."  Ezekiel 36:25-29
 
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this:  to look after orphans and widows and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."  James 1:27
 
I hope these verses are as uplifting to you in your days as they are for me!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment