Sunday, January 5, 2014

Oh Happy Day!

Church is always a good way to start out a Sunday, but today ended up being an even better one.  My Christmas break has just been awesome in general.
When we came home from church I had a snack and got to work on some Sticky Toffee Muffins from the Runner's World Magazine I got last month.  They were originally cupcakes, but they aren't too sweet, so I made them without icing to have as breakfast.

In the book I have just finished reading, I Still Belive by Jeremy Camp, I found something that made a lot of sense to me. Jeremy was describing how he had gotten super busy with so many things in his music ministry career.  It is a good thing because he had such a platform to share with others from.  However, it was getting him distracted and stressed.  I often feel this way, too.  I get involved in so many things.  Although they may be good things, they consume me too much.  I need to remember the words of Jeremy’s dad, Tom, “We can get so busy doing the work of the Lord that we forget the Lord of the work.”  My work for Him won’t be efficient until I am connected with Him and fully trusting Him to guide me in the work.
Later in the afternoon, Dad and I went on a nice, long run!
Then he made his amazing chili for our dinner!  I absolutely love this stuff.  I mixed some corn bread in, too.  Now, an even better part...There's no school tomorrow!  They called it off because of weather!  Made my day.  Whooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment