Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Busy but Blessed






I'm getting to do a blog update today because we are out of school for probably the rest of the week!  (Tomorrow is for sure, and most likely Thursday, too)  This miracle snow came from nowhere, really quickly this morning, and it has not stopped since!  It is beautiful!
 
This morning, since I woke up to a wonderful surprise, I decided to whip up a big batch of pumpkin pancakes!  A random lunch conversation at school last week inspired me to make shaped pancakes one day, so today was the day.  I used a Pampered Chef squirter of my mom's to make these snowflakes.  It worked out so much better than I had imagined!
This was last Wednesday night after church with my friends (left to right) Bella and Jenna.  We were at TCBY for over an hour eating up and laughing at all kinds of crazy stuff!  Jenna is the college leader in my Sunday School class, and she inspires me so much!  She is so real, fun, and passionate for the Lord.
Tonight I got the idea to make my own apple cobbler for dessert!
I sliced up a golden delicious apple and microwaved it with honey, sugar free syrup, nutmeg, and cinnamon
TADA!  This was a terrific and healthy dessert!

This is my wonderful mother!  She works in the office at a local elementary school, so she was even more thrilled to be out of school than I was.  I made a portion of my snapchat story for each line of let it snow because,
"It doesn't show signs of stopping
and I've got some corn for popping
since we've no place to go (that was where this picture came from)

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"
We have had a great day today full of laughs from the minute I woke up with our cat walking across my face.
This was from before church a couple weeks ago, but I had to snap a quick pic because I had never tried these before, and they were great!  Mom finally found the Cinnamon Harvest at walmart, but I'm still looking for some Indigo Morning!  I am a cereal lover for sure.
 
Here are two beautiful pictures taken by two of my beautiful friends!  God has shown us blessings today in the fact that we are getting a break from the craziness of life (since there is not really anyway we can drive!) and in how gorgeous His creations are, and how He can change things in the blink of an eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment