Friday, January 3, 2014

Last Friday of Break

I am very sad to say that today is my last real day of break.  Yes, I still have the weekend, but I would usually be off from school those days.
However, I am determined to live it up while I can!
Two verses that I decorated my AP government and politics binder for next semester with go great with that mindset.
"Be happy, young one, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy..."  Eccelesiates 11:9
"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.  Let your conversation always be full of grace..."  Colossians 4:5-6
This afternoon, Mom took me to "The Corner of Happy and Healthy" to get my flu shot.  I love the Band-Aid.

I have been trying to get rid of leftover and close-to-expiring foods, so today I made this smoothie as a late-afternoon snack before going out to dinner at Akita.  It has milk, lots and lots of grapes, a banana, a little frozen mixed fruit, and protein powder.  The grapes were the new thing I tried adding, and I will definitely have to remember that; it was fantastic!

After dinner, Mom wanted to go to TJMaxx, since we were so close.  I love going in there.  The items in stock are forever-changing, and there are a ton of things you may not find anywhere else (and not any cheaper for that matter).  This is an organic granola that I thought looked awesome; I mean, how can you go wrong with carrot cake?  I was right, it is amazingly tasty.  I came right home and ate it with some frozen yogurt and greek yogurt, which is shown mixed up below.  It has carrot, pineapple, granola of course, pecans, raisins, and a few other things that aren't obvious to me right now.  I just love getting new, healthy foods to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment