Friday, December 26, 2014

Tis the Season



Can you believe it?  It's almost Christmas!  I'm almost sad because the time is passing too fast!  Here's some things I did at the beginning of the month to get things started.  I didn't really have much time because of school, running, and the speed of life, but I forced myself to take time away and do some seasonal preparations!























One night I wrapped cut outs of an empty cereal box (because the cardboard is thin) in my two new Peanuts wrapping paper to make bookmarks.

I went to school all Peanut-ed out!  My shirt matched my Tervis, and I also wore a Christmas ribbon, Santa earrings, and Christmas socks.

The first time I tried eggnog, I thought it was nasty.  Way too thick.  However, last year I tried the kind from one of my favorite "fancy" brands, Bolthouse Farms, and it is lighter, healthier, and tastier!  Mixed with a couple extra things, it makes amazing milkshakes, too!


After I finally finished decorating my tree after several days of adding ornaments here and there, I sat down on my bed to just take in the view.

The seasonal scents and such that are available during the holidays excite me.
Here is all my pepperminty things with a couple of mom's ornaments from the kitchen.  The little raccoon on the lotion is a different addition.  I like it!

Yummy gingerbread!  I think this scent is my favorite.  I really think that they should come out with a gingerbread lotion!  I would for sure buy it over any of the others.

Snowmen and winter candy apples
Aren't those nail files cute?

This is one of the classic Christmas scents, but it has lasted a long time!  Very popular.  I like the designs with the skis.
MARSHMALLOWS!
Love them(:
The pictures are precious, too.  More that I will keep to add to my collage of course.

New month, new calendar page!
"Jesus said, 'I am the resurrection and the life.  He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies; whoever lives and believes in Me will never die.  Do you believe this?'"  John 11:25-26
BEST candle scent I've ever had!  Pumpkin Pecan Waffles.
Tree decorating really puts you in the spirit, but it can also be frustrating!  These hooks are so difficult to separate!

Yay for holiday Build-a-Bears!  (and a few other stuffed animals, too)

Christmas decorating is half the fun.  It really gets me going for the whole season!
December also means the time for the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering.  The youth group at church started a couple years ago selling mugs, coffee, hot chocolate, cappuccino, and apple cider on Sunday mornings in between services and Sunday Schools to raise money that 100% goes to the offering.  We get donations of the drinks and mixes and cups, which is so kind and helpful.  It's also fun and spirit-filling for us who get to give it out, too!

Yay for the JOY cups!  I had a free medium drink coupon for my birthday from Dunkin Donuts, and it expired on this day, November 30th, but I was not about to let it go to waste!  After church I drove into town and picked up my cup of cheer.


Here's some more things I love to see come out of the cabinet-holiday dishes!

These aren't really holiday I guess, but Target is very holiday, and that is where I got these new snacks!
 
What are some of your favorite things to get you into the Christmas spirit?

No comments:

Post a Comment