Sunday, May 27, 2018

Extra Rest Day, XC Yay!

Instagram
  Strava

Extra Rest Day, but XC is Here!
9:55 AM, Thursday, May 24th


This is the first week that the work schedule has been way drawn out from morning to night every day, so I am getting a taste of every shift option...not sure how I like it or how I will be able to work it with my workouts. Lots of work, right? Yeah, all kinds. Personal projects, making money, and training. I worked late last night, so I am taking an extra rest day! I actually enjoy that since I've been working there. Late shifts give me a greater incentive to fuel better post-run and to recover more the next day. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and hot, so I was sad that I had to stay inside. However, I spent the morning outside and did a nice bike ride (and ran up one hill for fun). Then I laid out and listened to last Sunday's church sermon that I missed until literally 15 minutes before my shift started, then rinsed off and changed clothes. I didn't even wear makeup.

I have finished the grain mix of buckwheat, quinoa, and millet that I've been using every day, so I am finally back to oatmeal and pancakes/waffles! Today I used a new peanut butter that I picked up at the wholesale store, and I really wish I had gotten more now! I am also so happy to get my fluffy consistency right again! This one has strawberries, blueberries, natural chocolate peanut butter, and an egg. Must say, one of my best.

I also made some great new smoothies at work today! #UpsaleCertified getting people to add fresh strawberries. The first guy said he liked orange creamcicles, so I suggested our mango and vanilla and added berries! The second was like strawberry lemonade, lemon sorbetto, fresh berries, and coconut milk! I am not a super trendy follower, but I do love nut milks' taste better than cows' milk.


But above all that, I am so excited that cross country season is finally getting started! It has been so long since I've really been training for anything, and my insides are full of fire and butterflies. I'm a little nervous, but really just fired up. I'm ready to get back into training and being with teammates! Coach has been sending out info and training schedules this week. It will be a lot of new things, but I'm excited to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment