Monday, May 28, 2018

Long Hours, but Short Time

Instagram
  Strava


Long Hours, but Short Time8:59 AM on Saturday, May 26th


The day seemed to go by so quickly, but it was actually drawn out so far. I ran and luckily missed the rain again. It was off and on all day. I somehow got distracted before I took a shower and missed the opportunity to take a nap. It started when I put away some freshly washed running clothes and decided to pick out the clothes to take on my trip. I've saved up a lot of my new/nicer running clothes for this beach trip, and I get strategic with my color coordination! I have different stacks of various outfit options with each color combo. I am so happy to be healthy and getting even fitter! It just feels better to wear new clothes, too. I never want to wear my new things or use new products, etc because I am always waiting for "a better time," but I've come to realize that there really is no "better time" than now, because time flies by, and I end up with so many things unfinished. "Make the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." Ephesians 5:16 This summer I am heading back into a new lifestyle with really running cross country, back to being more social, joyful, and sharing my life, so the time is now! It's already the end of May! Agh!
This is one of my favorite snapchat stickers with the cute little egg, and this Saturday I was really excited to try a new egg scramble that I thought up! It wasn't much special, but it was good and things my body needs after a run! I also needed to finish a bag of roasted chickpeas, so that helped, too. Egg, chickpeas, coconut oil, onion, and honey.
(I'm all about the free things. Yes, I take packets from restaurants.)
And of course to feature some highly relevant comics...
Before I knew it, it was time to go into work. Our hours have stretched out, so my shift would inevitably be later than it already is. We had a lot of customers, which is good, but it is also hard to train a new employee when we are having to serve people all the time. However, I plan my later nights when I will take a rest day the next day, so I am more at peace with being there late as well as taking a break the next day! This was the latest that I've been there, though. It could've been later, but we got just enough done to get by with having enough cones for the mall the next day.
Of course, Mom and Dad were already in bed when I got back, but I went in there and sat because they were watching one of our favorite funny movies: Dumb & Dumber! I was tired and just wanted to go to bed, but I know I can't sleep well if I'm too hungry, so I still ate some...making bed even later, but I know that's how these days go!

I know it's good for me to not be so strict about my timing and just go with the flow and "live a little," but I have gotten into a really late night habit all the time, and this is making my days hard when I have a lot to do or have to get up super early! Sometimes I get naps, but I need more night hours so I can get up early. Work and workouts and projects and summer fun need my time and energy! #PrayersPlease

No comments:

Post a Comment