Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Sliding Socks



9:04 AM on Monday, May 21, 2018

I would rather it be my socks sliding than rocks, but it was still a little annoying. With around 4 miles left to go, one of my socks totally fell off the back of my foot, and was only around my arch. The next one wasn't far behind. I was very thankful to be able to go to the park today because I was so tired and really not feeling a neighborhood run. I saw some little turtles, too! Praise the Lord for a day off! I really enjoyed it! Mom was gone most of the morning, so I had a little time to myself before she was back. After some time out in the sun and Bible study, I took a shower, deep conditioned, and did a face mask. Then I took a nap! It was not as long as I would've liked, but I needed to eat. But a quick yet quality nap is better than a lengthy yet cruddy one! I got to go back outside later, too. The sun took breaks about the same time I did.
I love to match the comics with my life, if you haven't noticed. Mutts often features my posts on their Instagram story! Those are flowers that Mom got from a student at her school. My post-run breakfasts are often random things so that they can be quicker so I can move on to other things or work. Lately, I have done about like that comic, having turkey bacon and sweet potato and some spice! A carb and a protein. Then I add some chickpeas or leftover baked beans.




Phoebe has become adventurous and finally stepping outside. She doesn't last very long, but she is getting better. I honestly want her to stay inside so that she is with us more! I have gotten attached lately.


Finally, National Strawberries and Cream Day! Thankful to the "$10 Box Store," I got to stock up on a lot of different flavors of these.


Today's Bible study time: 
Hebrews 13:5-6 was pretty fitting. But God always does that. I have also come to a place in my faith where I can make any passage relate to my life. I know the Bible is full of things we can use in the present day. I have come to admit that I am a hoarder, and I have issues with money! I like it, I love to shop, but I never want to spend money, and when I buy things, I never want to use them. But that is no good! I have no reason to worry about these things, because God will always give me everything I need. Getting a job has also been so good for me in that I can make my own money to pay for things and to save for later. Now I fear what I will do without one. I want to buy things for myself and for others, and I need to do so for the right reasons. Not be superfluous but be good to myself. Use the good things I buy, and take care of myself. Share and take care of others. But "Keep yourselves free from the love of money and be content with what you have, for God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.' So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
So while my life may be sliding around like my socks, God's got me.


No comments:

Post a Comment