Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Longish Weekend, Longish Post

Instagram
  Strava


Slippery and Slower (Metaphor for the Day, too)
9:12 AM on Monday, May 28th


I wanted to go to the park one last time before the beach, and this was my best bet to avoid rain. It had rained some the previous days and there was rain in the forecast starting later that day. I made it through with just some light drizzle at times and some wind, only slipped once. It was on the grass, too, so I didn't get any cuts or muddy! However, from a combination of my tiredness and putting safety before speed, it was much slower than I have been going. My whole morning was slow; I didn't get started until almost 9:15!

On the way home, I went by the old house to see Mom and Dad who were set up in the garage trying to yard sale some last few things. I went through a box from my room of lots of old stuff that I am going to mostly part with. There are such great memories of my childhood passions in there...I took some pictures, although there are some things that I've already gotten rid of, because I am going to make some memory scrapbook pages this summer (I hope...I have lots of projects on my list...).

After the sale was done, Mom added up the money, and I will proudly say that I earned them $208 extra dollars (they only made less than $50 from the actual sale) from posting things on Facebook and talking with people on there. I wanted to get paid commission, and they didn't like that idea.

More slippery: back and forth on our plans for the beach. The weather looks pretty rough for the next couple days, and Mom doesn't want to drive through downpours nor do our check-in and grocery shopping in it, so she is thinking about waiting a day. This got me so sad! I have been wanting this vacation so bad...we didn't get to go last year, and our family just needs a good time away! Mom is having surgery right after we get back home, so there is no chance of us extending our stay like we did the last time. But again, I have to remind myself that my joy in life does not depend on where I am or when, the weather, or anything else. I just need Jesus.
So the final verdict? Taking a day from the beginning...but I will make the most of it! I hope it pours all it can the next day or so, so when we get there, there will be no rain left! Sorry for all my Manley Church friends there at beach camp!

After the yard sale I stopped in GB to check on how my friend's first solo shift was going, then had a core workout to do when I got home, so I didn't get to the shower until after 1:00! Also being tired, I was moving slow. I got stuff done around the house, but it just took a long time!

In my Bible study today, it hit two things that I encountered today: the glory of God's creation and doing every little thing, even the daily mundane tasks, to the glory of the Lord. Even though the weather at the park for my run this morning wasn't the best, it was still so refreshing to get out there in nature to run rather than on the roads again. I go to the park when I need an extra boost. "The whole earth is full of His glory." Isaiah 6:3

The second page of today's devotion was with 1 Corinthians 10:31, "Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God." Simple, but so meaningful in that God gives us ways that we can use things we already do every day to bring Him glory. So no matter where I am or what I'm doing, I have purpose. For my running, I can be thankful that I have the opportunity, in my eating, I can fuel myself to have energy to do what He brings me to each day. I have to eat well to be able to live well! I believe that is why this verse begins with eating and drinking. If I am not healthy, I can't do anything else. Even on days like today when I do seemingly menial tasks like help my parents at a yard sale, unload the dishwasher, or chat with someone on Facebook, I have the opportunity to do something positive.

This was not planned at all, but it is National Hamburger Day! Dad grilled for us after he got done working on the old house. It was really late, but I am getting used to that by now. It was a great coincidence that this holiday fell on Memorial Day this year, since so many people celebrate with cookouts. Just unfortunate that it was not good weather. I am not a big burger fan, mainly just the plan/premade kind (I need more flavor), so Mom let me buy some of my own choosing! These were chipotle salmon burgers from Aldi! She wants me to eat salmon because of the more fatty acids it has compared to other fish, but she hates the smell. So here we found compromise. I didn't have to eat a cardboard-tasting burger, and she didn't have to smell salmon in the kitchen!


Now for the end of the weekend!

I got an email from both Elli Quark and Aldi, that for a limited time, Aldi would be carrying Quark! None of the stores around here have it! Aldi is one of my favorite places anyways, so I had to go check it out. FOMO is real in my life. Now you may be asking, "What is Quark?" and I don't blame you. It's yogurt, kind of, but it's not. It's actually cheese. So rather than yogurt, it's like cheesecake in a cup! It is German-style, which takes a lot longer, but it has a unique taste and texture, along with cleaner ingredients, no added sugar (no added anything actually), and 12-17 grams of protein! This is one of those times when I take an opportunity to treat myself with something special even if it costs a little more.

New waffle again! I am also in the process of finishing many leftovers so I don't have to throw away or freeze much before vacation, so that encourages me to get creative! I am so happy that I've been able to get my waffle fluffiness back like I used to. I do better with the waffle iron than the pancake skillet, too, for now. This one was banana, avocado, and a new natural chocolate peanut butter that I picked up at the wholesale store. I really wish I had gotten more packets of it now! I used to not like avocado or guac much, but one day I got this sudden craving for it, and now I can't get rid of it. I think it is my body craving higher-quality fuel for my training. Adding moisture to waffle and pancake batter is key to getting the right consistency, too, so this is a win-win!

Finally, my Daniel Plan book that I ordered on eBay finally came! I have gotten the emails for a long time, but they have been so encouraging that I decided to get the book to read while I am at the beach. With this second opportunity at a great life and competitive running, I want to make more effort to take care of my mind, body, and spirit the way God intended so that I can live out my full potential!

No comments:

Post a Comment