Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Get Off the Merry-Go-Round




Got brave today and kind of looked at the needles. I highly recommend dry needling for anyone having a lot of muscle pain that you just can't get rid of through other means. I am not a trend-follower, but I am tooting the horn of this trendy train.

Dang, this book jumps out at me when I am not expecting it to. It may start out with something I don't relate to then bang pops up outta nowhere! Starting chapter 4 after the end of chapter 3 left me hoping for something more, I got more that's for sure.
--Stop trying to go around it and go through it--avoiding things that may be uncomfortable or inconvenient at the time that will help me in the future has been something that comes back to bite me. But now I am focusing on taking time to do what I need to do when it comes up, even if I don't want to. No, I don't want to take time to go to physical therapy an extra day, but I want to feel better. No I don't want to make yet another appointment and go to the dermatologist, but it may save the skin on my face. No, I don't want to study for the GRE but I'll be thankful if I only have to pay for it and take it once and get it done at a more convenient time (um, still haven't started stuyding...), you get it.
--This is the big one! A pattern of work and relief that is no longer glorifying to God, though it may not look sinful on the outside.
---I love the grind of daily life. I love to work hard, stay busy and productive, always finding something I want to do. I love the thick of a training cycle. I can use this to make great impacts on the people around me when I do it the right way, and I've done it in the past. I worked hard, had success, had great chances to share joy and hope with others. Sometimes though, I get way too busy and caught up, and I am just rushing from one thing to the next, not really looking at what is going on around me or what God wants me to see and do. Then my gifts and opportunities change from a tool to a self-defeating weapon. Then things like injuries, illness, schedule change, whatever, come along to get me to wake up to take a rest. Now instead of going around these signs, I am taking hold of them and looking for what needs to change (although it is kind of forced right now, I am learning to do it on my own and hopeful for the future). Then I thought of a quote that kind of blew my own mind: Get off the merry-go-round and be active in the whole playground. -->>Get out of the cycle of work and rest only to move on to the next work, and enjoy the whole life you've got right in front of you.
Also so excited to be getting a bunch of my favorite dizzled kettlecorn! Share your dreams; God loves them. He wants us to be able to live joyfully if our hopes are aligned with His plans. This may sound silly, but having that recognized was encouraging to my recovery.
***********

Since I've been biking somewhere on the highway pretty much every day for a while now, I've wondered how many people have recognized me, and today, a friend finally texted me that she had seen me! And she asked if we could make breakfast one day soon! Oh, how I needed that. I had also gotten a message from a friend I haven't seen in a couple years but she had wondered how I was doing and gave me some great encouragement through my injuries. I've been pretty lonely lately, and basically no one knows or seems to care whether or not I am hurt/healing/healed, so these were both blessings that God sent to pick me up to start the day. It also may sound silly, but a couple companies reached out to me on instagram, too, to do some work for them. Just a little something to remind me that people are watching, and I am making an impact even when I don't feel like it. That's how God keeps me going.

This afternoon my Bible study hit me like a home run again today! About the "why." A lot of times, it doesn't matter so much what we do, but why we do it. Good things can be sinful if they are done with the wrong intentions, and mistakes can be okay if they are done with a positive outlook.

--It also brought up the same verse that was my verse of the day yesterday, Philippians 1:6, "Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion in the day of Christ Jesus."


--The main idea of this section was on rest. Over time, I've gotten better at it. Taking time to relax is so good when you finally do it. Rest is a great time to reflect, too, as I've seen a lot in recent years. We need it. If we're always pushing forward 100mph, we can't really take in where we are and where we've come from. I need to look back and learn, sit still and observe. I often forget things as soon as they go through my head. Mom keeps telling me that if God is trying to tell me something through all this, to listen with my heart. I know He is. It is so good to feel it.


--There are so many things that can get me motivated about rest. It's one of those things that is hard to do, but once you do, you want more. God likes to work that way, rewarding challenges in His timing ("carry it on to completion in the day of Christ" not the day of Makenzie). Here are some of those wonders: energy, sleep, healing, peace, strength, refueling, enjoying the moment, spending time with others, having time to share, celebrate!, spend the time as thanks for what is past and preparation for what is ahead. It's not only a time for me, but ultimately a time for Christ to be made greater. Rest shows that I have faith in Him in the ways that are hardest for me. I fear the loss of productivity, fitness, my daily routine, whatever, but where I need to act in faith is not doing but being; trusting and thanking God for His provision. Whatever I do should be an act of worship. Enjoy a day on the lake with my family--thanking God for the weather, my home, the wonderful people. Go to a party and celebrate whatever the occasion! God brought us through a great thing! Or sit on the couch and thank God for helping me through another week and pray and prepare for the days ahead. Rest should be joyful, not burdensome.

--Amazing quote! "Fight fast-paced and fear-based with prayer and praise."


No comments:

Post a Comment