Friday, November 15, 2013

Homemade Meatloaf

Tuesday I came home after school instead of running, becuase I had been fighting some sickness, and my body needed a break!  Since I had extra time at home, I headed to the kitchen to work on a new recipe I had made.  I love meatloaf, so I made one all for myself stuffed with other foods I love, too.  When I say all to myself, I mean Mom and Dad are not allowed in the dish.  Mine.
Of course meatloaf has meat in it.  But here are the added ingreedients:
pumpkin
black pepper, paprika, all spice, chili powder
salsa
oatmeal
spinach
onions
egg whites
This was from last night's dinner, where you can see it cut up.
This may sound strange, but it actually works out really well.  Dad made spaghetti Sunday night, but I had noodles leftover but no more sauce!  No one wants plain noodles, right?  To solve this problem, I took some Classico Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic pasta sauce and warmed it up with the noodles and meatloaf to make more spaghetti!
There is a plethora of things you can do with leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment