Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Cream of Wheat


Ever heard of Cream of Wheat?  Many think that this is an old people, yucky food.  I disagree!  I love the creaminess and unlimited flavors you can create!  I make it often for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and even a side with dinner.
 
This one I made for a pre-church breakfast Sunday morning.  I use the whole wheat version that doesn't come with flavor already mixed in, so I can mix my own.  The liquid I use is Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, because it gives things like oatmeal and cream of wheat a slightly sweeter flavor while adding just the right amount of creaminess.  I added some canned pumpkin, vanilla extract, pie spice, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon, topping it off with some pumpkin seeds!
 
I try to find any creative way to use pumpkin that I can, especially during the fall and winter seasons!  It also has many health benefits!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment