Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Homemade Pizza


One of my favorite things to make for a post run meal is pizza!  I have never made my own crust, but I buy the whole wheat kind at the store.  I also use the Classico fire roasted tomato and garlic sauce, mixed with my own toppings like celery, bell peppers, goat cheese, hummus, turkey sausage, spinach, broccoli, carrots, onion, Italian seasoning, cilantro, black pepper, thyme, cumin, and any other veggies that may be in the fridge!  I pile my toppings so high, I make a mess eating it sometimes, but it's still so tasty!  (and much healthier and more fun than a fast food pizza!)

During the summer, I have even more ingredients to add that my neighbors bring me from their garden. When I get bags full of tomatoes, I use the blender and make my own sauce for pizza and pasta. See, blenders have so many uses!

No comments:

Post a Comment