Wednesday, October 23, 2013

More Verses Coming Together

Yesterday, I was getting a little worried that I wouldn't find a great verse for me this week that I wanted to share at Bible Study with the team.  But have no fear!  Jesus always answers my prayers in one way or another.  So I had prayed for Him to lead me to some great scriptures.  Looking through the verses I had found in my reading the past couple days, I read one of them again and had the Yes! excited thought go through my head. 
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."  Proverbs 16:9
This goes right along with the song Strangely Dim by Francesca Battestelli.  This is the part of the song that I thought applies to my life, especially now as things are so busy: 
"I've had all these plans piled up sky high, a thousand dreams on hold, and I don't know why...
...But when I fix my eyes on all that You are, then every doubt I feel deep in my heart grows strangely dim
All my worries fade and fall to the ground
cuz when I seek Your face and don't look around, any place I'm in grows strangely dim"
I love to make plans of things I want to do, but no matter how hard I try, God's plans overrule mine.
"All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."  Psalm 139:16
Just knowing this gives me peace because I know as long as I do my best, God will "make all things work together for the good."  Romans 8:28.  Whenever I start to get nervous or stressed out, I just try to remember that I really have very little contril.  When I feel overwhelmed with obligations and work to do, and I don't get everything done that I feel I need to, and I don't get to do things that I want, there is no reason to be worried or disappointed, because there is a reason that it didn't work out.  Something I know I always have to focus on improving is following Hebrews 13:5 "Be content with what you have, becuase God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'"
When I fail, but look to Christ, He is exalted.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness...For when I (my human self) am weak, then I am strong."  2 Corinthians 12:9-10.
With God in my heart, I have all I need.  I don't need victory, good grades, people's attention, pretty clothes, money, or other silly things I worry about accomplishing.  By setting my sights completely on serving God, I am filled with joy that I can never bring myself.
"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."  Proverbs 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment