Monday, October 21, 2013

Strength in Weakness


Strength in Weakness

            There is no doubt God is trying to tell me something today.  I’d really struggled at times since the weekend, just being unhappy, confused, indecisive, disappointed in myself, unmotivated, unappreciative, judgmental, and angry, along with other emotions.  So Sunday night, I was determined that I was going to get in the Word and get my head straight (er), more focused where it should be.  I spent about 2 hours looking up verses and such and said a lot of prayers for my attitude.  I know, still, that I have so much to work on.

Today I also spent a lot of time looking up even more verses, and writing down more that go with how I want to live my life based on God’s Word.  However, it’s not only Bible verses that I have found, but encouragement in song, from others, and just from living.

The first song to play on my morning playlist this morning was Revival Song/Starts With Me by Tim Timmons.  The first thing I heard today was something I needed.  It goes right along with a verse that I have come to appreciate even more through the day.  I have studied it before, but today it took on a slightly different meaning. 

You're my revival song, you start where I belong
On my knees, on my knees
When I am weak You're strong you meet me here
When I'm on my knees, on my knees
Oh, it starts with me

I don’t need to be saying all these other people need to change, when I myself am full of things that need to be changed in my own heart.  The verse I found during school is 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.  But He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.’  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.”  By lunchtime, no coincidence, one of my friends had texted me this exact verse.  Holy cow.  Then, the first song I hear when I turn my phone on at home, is the same one. 

God is telling me I need to change my own heart first.  When I am at my lowest moments, fulling turning to Him, then He is exalted.

            Yes!  I fail all the time, but I don’t need to become so stressed about it!  I need to turn all my trust upon God!  Like the song and the verse say, when I am weak, then Christ is shown to be all the more strong.  What a blessing this is.  I learn so much and grow in my faith through the hard times in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment