Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Joy to the World

Joy to the World is one of my all time favorite Christmas songs because I love the word joy.  It is probably my favorite word.  I believe there is a difference between being happy and being joyfulThings and people can make you happy, but usually those things don't last.
Joy comes from the "things" that never end.  I experience true joy from Jesus Christ.  Everything He gives fills me with joy.  I can be confident that by trusting in Him, I can always have a positive outlook.  Because I have received the ultimate gift from God (His son Jesus Christ), I don't need earthly, material possesions.  All I need is always in my heart.
My favorite version of this song as of right now is by Jeremy Camp.  I just love his voice; it is so unique and beautiful.
 
"Joy to the World , the Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare Him room,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven, and Heaven, and nature sing."
Everyone is welcome to have the gift of Christmas and praise His holy name!
 
"He rules the world with truth and grace,
and makes the nations prove
the glories of His righteousness
and wonders of His love,
and wonders of His love,
and wonders, wonders, of His love."
How great it is to know that we have a ruler and king who gives us what we don't deserve and always has our true best interest at heart.  His love is so extravagant, we need nothing else.




No comments:

Post a Comment