Thursday, December 19, 2013

Mandisa- It's Christmas

Another one of my favorite artists is Mandisa, and she also has a Christmas album with classic and her own original songs.  Two fo my favorites that I have downloaded are It's Christmas and Somebody's Angel.
"We could be that shining light
To show the heart of Christmas time
People need love
And we all are able
So take some time and start today
To give some joy and hope away
'Cause you might be
You might be
Somebody's angel"
This is the chorus of Somebody's Angel.  Christmas doesn't bring the same joy to everyone, because some people don't have enough money to give to others, buy special decorations or food, and some can't even do anything to celebrate.  This song makes me think about how much I am blessed with, yet how ungrateful I am.  Thinking about all the unfortunate people across the world, from my own neighborhood to across the oceans, it makes me want to give.  People like that often find the greatest joy out of small thoughtful gifts from the heart.
You never know, you may be the one to make someone's year.

It's Christmas is a very upbeat, celebratory song!
"But let's not forget
In the middle of the busy-ness
Remember this
Jesus is the reason for
This time of the year
We're gonna celebrate

It's Christmas
Oh Let me hear
That joyful noise in the air
Wanna hear it everywhere
Heaven and earth proclaim
Come on let's celebrate
It's Christmas"
This is probably my favorite part of this song.  Right now, I am definitely feeling the business.  There is no way that this time next week Christmas will be over.  I feel like I have done nothing, because it has all just gone too fast.  But let's not think about that; it's too sad!  When we become overwhelmed, we just need to remember that Jesus didn't come to stress us out--No Way!  He came to save us from our sins, give us peace, joy, and eternal life.  This is what we are to truly celebrate!
"...what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.  She will give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins...The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call Him Immanuel--which means God with us."  Matthew 1:20-21, 23
"For to you a child is born, to you a son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders.  And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."  Isaiah 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment