Thursday, July 3, 2014

Got Life?

This is my newest scripture picture.  I had the plan for it a long time ago, started it on the last day of school (which was mid-May), and finally got around to doing something with it last night and finishing it this morning!  Like I said, I need to "Do it Now."
I also think this should go on a tshirt!
This verse is simple:  either you do, or you don't.
Either you are changed by Christ, or you are not.
Jesus said in John 10:10, "I have come that they may have life and have it to the full."
Living life without Christ may seem all great because you can "do what you want," but are you truly happy?  Are you striving each day to fulfill a purpose?
Back in "the day" when I thought I was all cool, popular, pretty, and everybody wanted to be me, I usually thought life was pretty fun.   Then things would happen, I would get upset and not know what to do with myself because Christ wasn't who I turned to first.  Looking back now, it's easy to see with that 20-20 hindsight many things I could've done to make my life better.  One of those things:  not live for my own pleasure.  When you live serving others, you will find a pure joy that fills your heart that you won't feel by looking for ways to please yourself and "fix" your own life.
No matter what circumstances may come your way, God can make anything happen, give you unimaginable perseverance and strength and just what you need.
When you have Christ, you have life.  The rest is just details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment