Thursday, July 31, 2014

Throwback Thursday, July 31st, 2014



Well, it's almost that time...school time.  As for the next 5 days, though, it is summer, and I will make the most of it!  However, I am a strong believer that we should go back to school in September, not the hottest and most summer weather month of the year.
I wanted to share this picture I made last year as a reminder to myself and hopefully an encouragement to lots of other people to remember that we are lucky to be here.  Each and every town and life has its bad spots, that's for sure, but we also have to remember how miniscule those things are in the grand scheme of things.  God has given us life to live to bring Him glory.  He said, "..I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." in John 10:10. In 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, God's will for our whole life is spelled out in the most simple way it can be put:  "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  This words in my picture are from a song by Jason Gray called Good to be Alive.  It is kind of a throwback song, too, but it is wonderful! 

I just found this picture on my mom's phone yesterday.  On the 4th of July, it would be "un-American" if there were no fireworks.  Actually, it would be un-American to not have fireworks for the whole week before and after July 4th.  It is so strange that my dog will go nuts over a storm that is so far away that we can't even see clouds yet, but fireworks don't even phase him.  Sophie, on the other hand, is not bothered by storms, but does not like fireworks!  That night we had to let her inside the house because she stood at the back door crying and scared, wanting to come in.  I am not a late night person, so I was in bed.  Sophie doesn't care.  If she sees that door to my room closed she actually sees neon lights that say, "Come in!  Kenzie would love for you to wake her, purr, and walk on her face!"  My room is the first place she heads every time.  I love her, though!  Mom came in my room when she heard me talking to Sophie and took a picture of us cuties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment